The Database Editor is an Ignition project that provides a GUI for creating/altering database tables and viewing, querying and editing data in database tables. More information and a demo video can be found on this webpage: Database Editor.
How to Get the Database Editor
- Fill out the form on this webpage: Database Editor
- Within a few minutes you will receive a confirmation email. Find it and click on the “confirm the subscription” button.
- Clicking on the “confirm the subscription” button redirects you to a webpage that has a link to download the Database Editor. Click on this link to download the Database Editor.
- In addition a new email is sent to you with the subject line, “Products from Perfect Abstractions” that contains the Database Editor as an attachment and provides a link to download the Database Editor project.
If you are already subscribed to the email list then filling out the form will redirect you to a webpage that contains a link for downloading the Database Editor. You can also find the latest Perfect Abstractions newsletter that was sent to you which contains a link for downloading the Database Editor.
Here is a silent video that shows the steps to follow to get the Database Editor:
How to Install and Launch the Database Editor
The Database Editor is just a regular Ignition project.
- In your Ignition Gateway go to Configuration -> System -> Projects.
- Click on the “Upload project from a *.proj backup file…” link.
- Select the project file from your computer.
- Click on the “Upload” button.
- Now to launch the project go to the home page. Click on the “Launch” button for the Database Editor project.
Here is a silent video that shows the steps of installing and launching the Database Editor:
Get the Database Editor from the form on the webpage at this link: http://www.perfectabstractions.com/database-editor.html